UGIRA FELLOWSHIP FOR RAMIE
The 1-year Fellowship for Robot-Assisted Minimally Invasive Esophagectomy (RAMIE) aims to connect a promising young surgeon to an expert in a high-volume center for this procedure (>50 year and >100 in total). As the Fellowship is meant to introduce surgeons to robotic surgery, UGIRA membership is not a prerequisite for application. The Fellowship will start in 2023 at an UGIRA endorsed host center. An Intuitive Fellowship Grant is provided to support the fellow. Please note that the grant covers many of the traveling and housing costs, but may not cover a full salary.
Required documents for application:
– Curriculum vitae (including a photo)
– Motivational letter, including your preference for the host center
– Written endorsement from the Head of Surgery of your home institute
Candidate selection criteria:
– Licensed to practice as a consultant surgeon (at the time of starting the Fellowship)
– Experience with minimally invasive surgery and esophageal surgery
– Demonstrated experience with research
– Willingness to contribute to ongoing research projects and preferably write at least one scientific paper during the Fellowship
– Understanding of English language in speaking and scientific writing
Please combine all aforementioned required documents (cv, motivational letters, endorsement of Head of Surgery from your own institute) to a single PDF file and send to email@example.com. Your application should be entitled ‘Application for UGIRA Fellowship 2023’. You will receive a confirmation email after submitting your application. The deadline for application is 1 March 2023. Applications that are incomplete or submitted after 1 March 2023 will not be considered.
Within several weeks after closing of the applications, you will be notified whether or not you are invited for a (digital) interview.